What is Machane Kadosh?
We all understand the potential pitfalls of the internet. As Frum Yidden we over extend ourselves to prevent the negative influences of the world from penetrating in to our homes and families. As the threat of technology grows, we have the critical responsibility that even when inconvenient or impractical, we must take a firm stand to maintain Yiddishkeit’s continuity.
Machane Kadosh was guided by the Vaad HaRabbonim to create a technology standard on par for the frum community. These guidelines were made with the intention that no inappropriate content or images will be inadvertently accessed.
The following item aren’t available, this includes both Websites and Apps.
- Entertainment( Movies, TV Shows, Youtube, magazines etc…)
- Secular news. (ABC, CNN, NBC etc…)
- Social Media including Facebook, Instagram etc.
- Sports (ESPN, MLB.com, NFL.com etc…)
- Unsafe Shopping (certain clothing, beauty, etc..)
- Strict image filtering (ensuring all images are Tzniut)
-Devices with internet capabilities will be password-protected at all times.
-Work devices that are internet enabled will not be brought into the home without a proper filter – even if it is not being used at home at all.
*If someone requires any of the above for business purposes, an ishur (waiver) is available (pending Rabbinic approval) enabling people’s business to function smoothly. ( It goes without saying that a filter is required, just that certain items will be permitted) .
There are many programs that claim to filter the internet, or block the internet, however few are reliable. As a result TAG spends countless hours and dollars to provide the best and most up-to-date solutions available.
Machane Kadosh approved filtering solutions:
Most devices that do not need internet, can be blocked without a paid filter.
Any device that does require internet, only the following filters, and filtering solutions, are approved:
- Gentech (Livigent) approximately $140 per year
- Nativ USA- $140 per year for up to 2 computers.
- Netfree – Every website, image and video is manually inspected and added if approved. 100% kosher internet. (Not supported by TAG Flatbush but go to netfree.link and do installation yourself.) Around $8 per month with a $30 removal charge
- Techloq – $10 billed monthly $100 billed yearly. (Not supported by TAG Flabush yet. Go to techloq.com for more information.)
- Gentech (Livigent)$140 per year
- MK profile (It blocks the internet while allowing only a whitelist and approved apps. No shopping, news, sports…)
Gentech (Approximately $140 per year (if Gentech isn’t compatible, then we use Netspark – $70 yr.)
Block-all internet, or a white list of Kosher websites. E.G. banking websites, email, torah websites or utilities.
- Mehadrin Phone
- Talk n Tech devices
- Kosher OS
- Meushar phones